Broward Child Custody Attorney
Have Questions about Child Custody and Looking for a Broward County Timesharing Lawyer That Covers All the Bases, Does Not Complicate Cases with Extra Billing, Really Cares and Keeps Focused on the Best Interests of You & Your Child?
- Don’t risk your kids by doing your divorce yourself!
- Worried about losing your kids because you work more?
- Is it true you can keep the house AND the kids?
- Nobody wins when you fight over the kids!
Child Custody / Timesharing
When a marriage ends, the couple must make many important decisions and resolve disputes. The issue of parenting and timesharing is one of the biggest concerns to resolve, but the difference is that the legal standard in Florida is in the best interest of the child (children), not the parents.
Why Choose Divorce & Mediation Law Firm?
- Bilingual – Our bilingual law firm is passionate about helping people protect their children and assets during divorce and other family law matters.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for rapid return calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back. We know the details of your case are important to you. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- We Take Complex and Difficult Cases – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what’s necessary, even in challenging situations.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Superb 10.0 rating from respected legal website Avvo. Avvo Clients’ Choice Award 2014-2018, 2020, 2021; Avvo Top Contributor Award 2012, 2013, 2016-2020, as well as the Law Firm 500 Award for fastest-growing law firms in the U.S from 2017-2020.
- Experienced – Our attorneys have had years of experience in handling divorces for doctors, business owners, and executives, and we are 100% dedicated to divorce and family law. Serving individuals with high net worth, our skilled divorce attorneys will protect your assets.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (954) 447-2580(954) 751-4262 or fill out the short form below to get immediate assistance. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
Client Reviews – Divorce & Mediation Law Firm (Cabanas Law Firm)
We understand that people in different situations have different needs and concerns, and we help them find their way.
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us and Their Experience
“very professional and caring,” “Excellent service!,” “takes the time to explain the process and lay out your options,” “put my interests first and provided excellent legal advice,” “I came in so emotional about my situation and your team was so sympathetic and understanding to me especially the office manager and Laura. I left feeling confident knowing I had representation going forward.,” “Mr. Cabanas is knowledgeable, efficient and most importantly he cares.,” “they are the best,” “highly recommend him to anyone in need of a good, honest lawyer,” “whole staff is so loving and caring and they make you feel at home and in the best hands,” “My divorce settlement was smooth and fast,” “If I am ever in need of legal counsel again I would not hesitate to reach out to him and his team.,” “A fantastic law firm organization!! Great customer service and support from the beginning to the end of the process.,” “I will recommend Cabanas Law Firm unreservedly.,” “The Cabanas Law firm team is exceptional.,” “The front office is attentive, the wait time is minimal and you get clear instructions and individual care,” “Very proactive, respectful, patient with my mother’s difficulty to properly sign.,” “gave my case the utmost care and were sensitive to me and my mother’s situation and needs,” “did a great job as well! I will definitely refer them to all my family and friends,” “they are all top professionals and handle everything with the highest sense of urgency and care,” “if I can give them 10 stars, I would, thank you guys so much!,” “The attorneys at Cabanas Law Firm are the best and work really hard to get the case done fast.,” “In the darkest hours, it was refreshing to find such an amazing group of people to help me see the light at the end of the tunnel. From the moment I first called, I felt like I had someone on my side to help me.,” “Thanks to the expertise of this firm, I was able to avoid a costly and time-consuming legal process. I highly recommend this law firm to everybody who needs a family law attorney that is competent, professional, and efficient.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Timesharing / Parent Responsibility
What is Timesharing?
The court-approved parenting plan will also designate whether the parental responsibility will be:
- Shared parental responsibility — the parents must confer and make significant decisions jointly regarding the child’s upbringing, including medical care, education, social and recreational, and religious faith.
- Ultimate Decision Making Authority – after full consultation with the other parent, one parent has the legal right to make final decisions about certain specified issues (e.g., medical, educational, religious upbringing, general welfare).
How Does The Court Determine Custody?
Child Custody is divided into two main categories:
- Timesharing (physical time child spends with each parent), and
- Parental Responsibility (significant decisions to be made for child relating to medical care, school matters, social and recreational, religious faith)
- The age of the child
- The wishes of the child if the child is of sufficient age and maturity
- Which parent may provide better basic primary care
- Parent’s health, including mental health
- Any criminal record, including domestic violence
- Substance abuse by either parent
- Parent’s financial status
- Parent’s employment stability and work schedule
- Each parent’s home environment that will be available for the child
- A potential better home environment with stepparents, grandparents, or other family members
Our compassionate child custody attorneys understand that best agreement usually allows both mother and father to maintain a consistent relationship with the child, where appropriate. An experienced child custody attorney needs to draft a comprehensive agreement so that you do not have to return to court in the future to modify the agreement.
We Serve Broward County and all of South Florida.
Clients come to us from Parkland, Coral Springs, Miramar, Cooper City, Davie, Ft Lauderdale, Sunrise, Plantation, Deerfield, Tamarac, Margate, Dania, Miami Lakes, Opa-Locka, Hollywood, Weston, North Miami, Pembroke Pines and all of Broward County.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Since time is often critical to ensure the best result, contact us now by calling us for one-on-one assistance at (954) 447-2580(954) 447-2580 with your questions, a description of your situation, or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours the same day. All information is confidential.